Professional year program can be most simply described as a job readiness program, which prepares recent graduates for the relevant industry by combining learning and workplace experience.
It is a 12 month program run by approved providers and involves 2-3 months industry placements.
Professional Year program is offered in 3 disciplines only – Engineering, Accounting and Information Technology.
If you re looking to apply for Skilled Migration, doing a Professional year also awards you 5 points towards your application.
you must also have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 overall and in each component (or equivalent)
- EA – Engineers Australia
- ACS – Australian Computer Society
- CPA – Certified Practising Accountant
- SMIPA – Skilled Migration Internship Program: Accounting
- CA – Chartered Accountants
- IPA – Institute of Public Accountants
The program cost for Professional year varies from institution to institution adn also within the category you wish to apply for.
For a detailed cost on the program, please contact Way2Oz Migration and Education Services team.
there are only a few recognised and approved providers for PY program and the process remains similar to below for these institutes:
- submit certified copies of your identity and qualification documents along with the application form & fee
- attend an interview with the provider, either in person or over the phone
- institute issues a Letter of Offer
- accept the offer and submit the program fee
It generally takes ~30-35 days to get enrolled in a Professional Year program, but you need to be aware of the specific intake dates for your discipline.
Book a consultation with us to get more detailed information on any program.