Tasmanian Government has advised that consideration will be given to the State Nomination applicants who have been directly impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions.
Category 1: Tasmanian Graduate
- Online Study – Online study completed during the COVID-19 restrictions will be accepted. However, applicants must have been living in Tasmania during this period and must have completed all of the study in Tasmania.
- Currently Overseas – Applicants who commenced their study in Tasmania, departed temporarily and have been genuinely unable to return to Tasmania due to travel restrictions will be accepted. However, applicants must have commenced a course of study in Tasmania, lived in Tasmania for a at least 12 months and completed at least a total of 12 months on-campus study.
- New Enrolments: 2 Year Course – Applicants who were unable to travel to Tasmania and have started their online studies remotely will be eligible for consideration if they:
- have completed a 2 year academic course and arrived in Tasmania as soon as the restrictions were lifted, and
- have lived and studied in Tasmania for at least 12 months
- New Enrolments: 1 Year Course – Applicants enrolled in courses of 1 academic year must complete their studies solely in Tasmania – no period of remote study will be accepted for these candidates.
- Recent Graduates – Applicants who completed a course of study in Tasmania, left temporarily and have been genuinely unable to return to Tasmania due to travel restrictions are also eligible for consideration. Graudates must show that they intend to return to Tasmania and meet all other requirements for State Nomination.
Category 2: Working in Tasmania
Consideration will be applied to the applicants who have been genuinely impacted by COVID-19 employment stand downs before or after meeting the mandatory 6 month full time employment requirement. In general, following factors will be considered:
- A minimum 3 months full time employment
- Full time employment ceased directly due to a COVID-19 related business/ employment impact
- There is a reasonable likelihood of being able to return to full time or part time work
- Reduction on hours from full time to part time due to COVID-19 impacts.
Source: Migration Tasmania